Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blending - the Very Basics

Okay - bear with me - I actually did this tutorial a while ago and never uploaded it - yes - me bad! The thing is that I don't know where I put the text for this one - maybe it has somehting to do with using three computers :D

Let's wing it - this is actually really easy!

So - here we have Princess-in-Training and the nice vignette and photo to work with from the last tutorial. Let's open a 12x12 workspace and drag some paper from Syndee Nuckles Collage Art Collection into the workspace.
Now, drag the image you are working with onto the workspace. Notice that you can see where things are located in the layer palate. This is important because we are now going to move the two pieces of paper into place so that fill up the workspace.
If you will look at the layers palate you will see that my dark orange paper is directly below my green paper and you cannot see it.
Now I am going to open the blending modes found at the top right corner of the layers palate. It is very important that my top paper layer (the Green Paper) is highlighted in the layers palate.
Now for the fun! I am going to use the overlay blending mode to change the color of the orange and get the handwriting to look as though it is on the music!
Pretty cool and super easy!
Try using the multiply mode and the others
to have fun with you papers!

1 comment:

JMCS said...

Nice job! I have been stalking your blog waiting for a new tutorial. I really love them, thanks for taking the time to do them. Great job. :)

Hugs,
Jonni